Subject: bug#38044: 27.0.50; There should be an easier way to look at a specific vc commit

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2019 09:24:41 +0200

> From: Stephen Berman <[email-masked]>
> Cc: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>,  [email-masked],  [email-masked],
>   [email-masked]
> Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2019 22:15:21 +0100
> 
> However, I'm not thrilled with the thought of having to type two
> prefix keys to invoke it.

AFAIU, this command is not something that will be invoked too
frequently, and typing C-u twice is not much harder than doing it
once.

> Since one of the desiderata of this command, perhaps even the main
> one, is that it should act on the revision ID at point, how about
> making just `C-x v L' do that if it recognizes the word at point as
> a revision ID?

We could do that, yes.

> If this is deemed to unreliable, it could be conditioned by a user
> option, or perhaps (though more annoying) by asking for
> confirmation.

Fine with me, assuming the rest of the proposal is accepted.