Subject: bug#38036: 27.0.50; eww doesn't display .webp images

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 02 Nov 2019 19:36:16 +0100

This is mostly just a reminder to myself: If 
image-use-external-converter is non-nil,

M-x eww RET https://www.gstatic.com/webp/gallery/1.sm.webp RET

still doesn't work, and it should.  The problem is that we have data,
not a file, so image-type-from-data has to be adjusted, and
image-convert should be adjusted to also take data, possibly.  Or
image.el should be adjusted to pass along the content type to
image-type-from-data, which would then use a new image-convert predicate
to say whether image-convert supports it.

In GNU Emacs 27.0.50 (build 6, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.5)
 of 2019-11-01 built on marnie
Repository revision: eda98211e31ed969823c1048b3cde635e08eebe5
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12004000
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no