Subject: bug#38031: 26.3; Trying to invoke the macOS File Open window causes Emacs to crash on macOS Catalina

From: Alan Third <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2019 23:08:11 +0000

On Fri, Nov 08, 2019 at 04:33:23PM -0500, Michael Dixon wrote:
> Thanks so much everyone.
> 
> I was able to build from source. I had the same libxml/tree.h error
> as Nathaniel.
> 
> The crash error I got was the same, but before I waste any more of
> your time, I wanted to share that I set up a Catalina virtual
> machine and installed via brew cask and did NOT get the crash, even
> without providing full disk access to ruby, Emacs.app, etc.
> 
> This leads me to believe it my problem isn’t specific to Emacs, but
> rather something else unique to my environment, though I can’t think
> of what that might be.

Where did you get the original copy that did crash? Was that also a
brew cask install?

Are they both Emacs 26?

-- 
Alan Third