Subject: bug#38024: Remove icomplete workaround

From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2021 22:38:45 -0400

Aaron Jensen [2021-10-31 20:49:23] wrote:
> Originally added because of: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=38024
>
> The reason this fixed things was not captured and I can not reproduce
> the bug with the fix disabled on master.
>
> This workaround has been copied to other libraries without clear
> understanding of why it existed in the first place and it caused a
> problem: https://github.com/minad/vertico/issues/115#issuecomment-947330581
>
> Would it be possible to remove it? I'm ccing the original reporter and
> fixer in case they are able to shed more light on this or test without
> the fix to see if they can reproduce it.
>
> I've attached a patch if we are good to remove it.

Thanks, I just pushed your patch to `master`.
We'll see if the problem comes back, and if so, we'll have to try and
fix it better.

        Stefan