Subject: bug#38011: 27.0.50; [PATCH] WIP on allowing Gnus backends to return header data directly

From: Eric Abrahamsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2021 21:00:36 -0800

Eric Abrahamsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> On 01/05/21 09:47 AM, Lars Ingebrigtsen wrote:
>> Eric Abrahamsen <[email-masked]> writes:
>>
>>> Morally the same: the agent has its own `gnus-agent-uncached-articles'
>>> function, which consults the .agentview file, so it uses that instead of
>>> `gnus-sorted-difference'. But the same idea.
>>
>> Right.

[...]

> Anyway, I'll keep looking at this patch for a bit, and see if I can find
> any more problems with it.

I found a couple more, in agent file writing, and have pushed a commit
fixing that. So far as I can tell this now works as intended. I've run
side-by-side comparisons of master and this feature branch, messing with
the cache and the agent, and feel fairly confident that behavior is the
same in terms of header fetching, and files written to disk. I think I'd
feel okay merging this, but would also be happy to let it mellow longer.

Eric