Subject: Re: bug#38010: 26.1; Please support creating a remote temporary file with Tramp

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2019 09:41:04 +0100

Markus Triska <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi Markus,

>> There is `make-nearby-temp-file' for that purpose.
>>
>> I'm closing the bug as "notabug". Feel free to come back if it doesn't
>> work for you.
>
> Thank you Michael! I did not see this mentioned anywhere in the Tramp or
> Emacs documentation, and so, could you please consider documenting it?

Tramp is just a library which offers alternative implementations for
Emacs functions. It does not document which functions it implements,
that's part of the Emacs doc.

I don't have Emacs 26.1 at hand, just 26.2. It documents
`make-nearby-temp-file' in:

- /etc/NEWS
- the elisp info, see (info "(elisp) Unique File Names") and
  (info "(elisp) Magic File Names")

> Thank you and all the best,
> Markus

Best regards, Michael.