Subject: Re: bug#38002: Please remove this joke - Informing of legal rights is not a threat - 35 year copyright recovery for non-works-for-hire

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 03 Nov 2019 16:45:25 +0000

I'm a licensed attorney and have been studying copyright for years.
I am not going to identify myself.
Informing people of their legal rights is not a threat, and the FSF will 
lose any statutory revocation action in the US. And yes, I already know 
the legal arguments you are going to make (you will beg the courts to 
consider the charitable exception regarding the requirement for 
consideration when making a binding promise to donate, however here 
Congress chose to completely bypass and nullify contract-law principals 
(and exceptions) and write in a statutory right of recovery after 35 
years (within a window of time) for copyrights, regardless of what the 
license contract or assignment said. You will also try to claim that the 
works were works for hire, you will fail on that as well)

On 2019-11-02 21:06, Alan Mackenzie wrote:
> In article <[email-masked]> you 
> wrote:
>> I am going to find who actually created the joke, if at all I possibly
>> can, and inform HIM about copyright reversion under section 203 of the
>> Copyright Act.
> 
>> Additionally, in the fullness of time, I will also inform your Estate
>> about said feature of the Copyright Act, along with all others who
>> contributed code to free-software I can find who are affected by this
>> war against sexism.
> 
>> I will inform the Estates and Persons of the damages they can claim if
>> the notice of reversion is not complied with, I will also inform them
>> about derivative works and how any replacement code my very-well be
>> derivative.
> 
> Whoever you are, your posts are offensive and threatening.
> 
> Please be aware that the Free Software Foundation has some very good
> lawyers on its staff, who know all about copyright.
> 
> Why are you hiding your identity?  What are you scared of?
> 
> Please identify yourself.