Subject: Re: bug#38002: Please remove this joke

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2019 20:30:53 +0000

A joke is not a bug: it has /absolutely/ nothing to do with the 
operation of the software; it isn't even /part/ of the software.

What it is, is a makers' mark.
A signature.
A piece of the author.
"This is me, this is part of my personality"

Removing the joke is tantamount to removing a maker's mark.
It's basically white-washing the person from the project
and laundering his code.

Now the code, the project, is attributed to the "maintainers",
their system of society is all that is present,
the personality of the actual creators is gone.

It's just as bad as removing the author from the Authors attribution;
it's even worse: from the names you cannot tell /who/ these people were;
but from their jokes you can catch a glimpse.

All maintainers do is take other peoples work, and make sure it
works on new incompatable systems. They then parade around as if
they wrote the whole thing (see: Guix "maintainers" who are demanding
the ouster of RMS from HIS GNU for example).

It's basically plagiarism, in practice.

I'm an attorney btw, if the Authors are angry about this, and I gain 
information about such (if they're still alive), I'll consider guiding 
them regarding copyright law (US). I doubt they're in my juristiction 
though so I could only show them the way. In europe they could perhaps 
assert moral rights aswell (this becomes complicated, due to all the 
different interpretations there-of). In the USA it's the 35 year 
statutory provision in the Copyright Act that could be used.

Respect the guys that helped you; Stop spitting on them.
These Maintainers are not equal to the original programmers who helped 
you.
It's like saying a touch-up artist is the same as a from-scratch 
painter.

Free Software does NOT exist without the Software; which does not exist 
without the Men who BOTHER to write said software to begin with.

If you lost all female contributors from Free Software: you would still 
have it.
If you lost all male contributors you would not.
And men and women do NOT get along.
One dominates the other.
In Anglo-American societies the woman dominates the man and the man is 
just a beast of burden: caged at the first notice of his master to the 
male-handlers (police).

Pandering to the women will not get anyone "laid"
(Though Pandering to Islam will get you young brides (young girls, not 
adult women) eventually; which is why the European policticians wisely 
do so: it's either Americanism or Islam... so they choose the nicer one 
for themselves)

(Note: if anyone wants to question my credentials regarding programming: 
I have a 25Mbyte code diff I can show you; it's not all of my code; but 
alot of it is, and that's on my latest project I've been working on for 
a decade (foss 3d videogame). I know what motivates me and demotivates 
me, and I see who contributes what in FOSS and who simply controls 
others socially, so I'm not fooled. There is a method to all of this, 
and degrading the men like Americans do was not the method that 
succeeded, but is now what is proposed and has been followed for the 
last few years (which has resulted in a quiet /exodus/ of hackers and 
the domination of /foundations/ and /corporate backers/ instead (as 
intended)))