Subject: Re: bug#38002: Please remove this joke

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2019 21:13:38 +0100

> Marcin Borkowski:
>
> The problem is, this one particular joke isn't bad at all, quite the
> opposite - irrespective whether one laughs at women or hacker's
> stereotype of women.  (I think both interpretations are valid, and none
> is too offensive for my taste.  The previous joke in the file is
> definitely more offensive, for instance.)  IOW, I consider it a feature,
> not a bug.  (And I repeated it to many of my friends, and we all had
> a good laugh.)

Who does the previous joke offend? Are you sure you are reading the
correct one? The removed joke demeans women by describing them as
unpredictable, irrational beings. If you enjoy that kind of humor, good
for you. But hosting it the distribution of one of the flagship software
pieces of a project based on ethics if obviosly wrong.

> This is not only false perspective, but it is plainly dangerous.
> Pitting men against women (or women against men) is exactly what
> feminists do, and it is one of the reasons feminism is such a poison for
> the society.

Feminism aims for equality of the sexes. Such poison.

--
Cecilio Pardo