Subject: [bug#37988] why?

From: Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2020 19:38:53 +0100

Hi,

> Why did you pushed your commits instead of mines?
> Especially when they had not fallen in the crack.
>
> I sent them the October 30, 2019.
> https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=37988
>
> And you commented them the same day:
> https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=37988#26
>
> I modified one the November 5th, 2019:
> https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=37988#47

Uh, that’s odd.  I remember working with your r-flow* patches.  I did
not have my own versions of these patches.  I know this because I had
not previously encountered flow cytometry.  (I don’t specifically
remember r-rprotobuflib from this series.)

My guess is that I wasn’t able to apply them cleanly, so I copy & pasted
the diff, adjusted as needed, and then forgot to override the commit
author before pushing :-(

December is a blur.  It’s quite possible that I didn’t work on the
patches all in one go, got interrupted, and then pushed them together
with some other work (I see that there are R update commits after these
pushes).

I’m very sorry to have messed up the authorship here.  This was
definitely not intended :(

--
Ricardo