Subject: [PATCH 0/6] Add flowWorkspace from BioConductor

From: zimoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2019 11:23:24 +0100

Dear,

The aim of this serie is to add the package flowWorkspace.

It is important to notice that the package RProtobuflib [1] from BioConductor
is not packaged using the correct convention.  RProtobuflib includes its
dependency protobuf-2.6.0 as an archive tgz and compiles it using its
./configure [2].  Therefore, the file ./configure from the unarchived
protobuf-2.6.0 needs to be patched to apply the correct shebang.

It is clearly unconventional and we should distribute our own version of
RProtobuflib using the correct way i.e., packaging protobuf-2.6.0.  However,
do we want to diverge to the official BioConductor and add maintenance burden
when we are not fully able to already package all the BioConductor archive?

All the best,
simon

[1] https://bioconductor.org/packages/release/bioc/html/RProtoBufLib.html
[2] https://github.com/RGLab/RProtoBufLib/blob/trunk/configure#L2860-L2889

zimoun (6):
  gnu: Add r-idpmisc.
  gnu: Add r-flowviz.
  gnu: Add r-rprotobuflib.
  gnu: Add r-cytolib.
  gnu: Add r-ncdfflow.
  gnu: Add r-flowworkspace.

 gnu/packages/bioconductor.scm | 173 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 gnu/packages/cran.scm         |  30 ++++++
 2 files changed, 203 insertions(+)

-- 
2.23.0