Subject: bug#38033: closed (Re: bug#37985: Looks like issue disappear already.)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2019 17:36:02 +0000

Your bug report

#37985: 27.0.50; Regression: emacsclient -c error on first frame

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
37985: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=37985
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#37985: Looks like issue disappear already.
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: changqi chen <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2019 19:35:45 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> From: changqi chen <[email-masked]>
> Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2019 11:46:27 -0500
> 
> Not a problem anymore. 

It was fixed.

Subject: 27.0.50; Regression: emacsclient -c error on first frame
From: Yuri D'Elia <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 02 Nov 2019 17:47:14 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On the current master branch, when using emacsclient, there's a new
error which is emitted when the first frame is created:

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "KEY must be an integer, cons, symbol, or string")
  key-description([#<buffer *scratch*>])
  undefined()

To reproduce, call `emacsclient -c` without an existing emacs instance
and/or start emacs --daemon and create a new frame.

The error is shown only when creating the _first_ frame.

I bisected the error down to commit
e3cebbb839fc94f314659bf667c6790edebf4297: Replay key if kboard is
interrupted while initializing (Bug#37782)

Reverting the commit fixes the issue.

In GNU Emacs 27.0.50 (build 16, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, cairo version 1.16.0, Xaw scroll bars)
 of 2019-11-02 built on eab18045nb
Repository revision: 455e753a2b8fa2e83d23be1771f3371ba90b85f9
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12004000
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux bullseye/sid

Configured using:
 'configure --with-x-toolkit=lucid --with-modules --without-gsettings
 --with-cairo CC=gcc 'CFLAGS=-O3 -march=native -pipe '
 LDFLAGS=-fwhole-program'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG CAIRO SOUND DBUS GLIB NOTIFY INOTIFY ACL
LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE HARFBUZZ LIBOTF ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS LUCID X11 XDBE XIM MODULES THREADS LIBSYSTEMD JSON
PDUMPER LCMS2 GMP

Important settings:
  value of $LC_COLLATE: C
  value of $LC_TIME: en_DK.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix