Subject: [bug#37978] [PATCH] guix: new command "guix time-machine"

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2019 21:09:10 +0100

Hello,

Konrad Hinsen <[email-masked]> skribis:

>> How about (1) calling it ‘cached-channel-instance’ (or similar), and (2)
>> not opening a connection to the daemon?
>>
>> Regarding (2), it means that procedure would be a monadic procedure and
>> it’s up to the user to do with-store + run-with-store or whatever.  The
>
> That would imply that the user always opens a daemon, even if it is not
> necessary because the required instance is already in the cache. Is that
> a price worth paying for a more conventional interface, in your opinion?

Ah, I hadn’t thought about it.

Hmm opening a connection to the daemon doesn’t cost much, but OTOH it’s
best if we can avoid it here since ‘guix time-machine’ is just a
trampoline.

Dunno, I’ll comment on the new patches and we’ll see.  :-)

Ludo’.