Subject: bug#37944: 27.0.50; text-properties stop at newline rather than window

From: Alex Branham <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2019 08:50:12 -0400

Hello -

Text-properties seem to stop at a newline character in master rather
than the window's edge as they do in Emacs 26.3.

For example, if you use ledger-mode the following transaction:

2019-10-27 foo
    Expenses:Rent                           $ 10.00
    Assets:Checking

in Emacs 26.3 the face ledger-font-xact-highlight-face gets shown to the
window's right edge but in Emacs built from git master it is only shown
up through the newline character on each line. I've noticed this affects
magit too and likely others. I skimmed through the NEWS file but didn't
see anything about this; sorry if I've missed discussion elsewhere.

Thanks,
Alex

In GNU Emacs 27.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.12)
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12005000
System Description: NixOS 19.09.891.80b42e630b2 (Loris)