Subject: bug#37942: Insufficient environment wrappers

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2019 19:06:33 +0100

Leo,

Leo Prikler 写道：
> Some packages -- such as meld after the startup fix -- fail to 
> use
> important resources when simply called from their build 
> directory.

This is… true, and has been a source of personal annoyance for 
years :-)

As it is, this bug report is a bit vague, almost a meta-bug (‘many 
packages have bugs’).  Because *many* packages have this problem, 
for different reasons.  Most instances are pretty easy to fix once 
you find out the exact problem, but there's no one-size-fits-all 
solution.

Do you have any ideas to make it more actionable?

> For instance, meld aborts inside a call to `g_log` by
> `g_settings_set_property`. In the case of meld, it is sufficient 
> to run
> the program inside an ad-hoc environment -- other packages may 
> require
> to be installed in the user profile.

I fixed this specific example in 
3a428dd63af0bec23861a8ed1c76665e8f424265.

Thanks for the report!

T G-R