Subject: bug#3794: Several other problems in gdb-mi [RE: bug#3794: Error in json from gdb-ui]

From: Dmitry Dzhus <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 03:11:10 +0400

Herbert Euler wrote:

> 4. Killing a gdb buffer won't send the `detach' command to the gdb
> process, leaving the debugged process permentally being stopped.  This
> is often unconvenient.

This should be fixed in CVS now: I've changed the code so that killing
GUD buffer sends `-target-detach` command to process.

> 5. The commands like `while' and `if' cannot be handled correctly.
> Combined with problem #4, this leads to a bad use case: After typing
> such a command, the gdb process hangs, so the gdb buffer has to be
> killed.  Then, the debugged process hangs and has to be killed.  As a
> result, both the debugger and the debugged process have to be
> restarted.

I think that probably it will be tricky to handle with the current GUD
pseudoCLI console we have. This will need further investigating.
-- 
Happy Hacking.

http://sphinx.net.ru
む