Subject: Re: bug#37937: Lollypop missing propagated-input gsettings-desktop-schemas

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2019 01:28:09 +0200

Sam,

Sam 写道：
> lollypop is missing gsettings-desktop-schemas as dependency, and 
> fails
> to start without the package.

Thanks for reporting this, and for trying to fix it.  I took a 
different approach in commit 
8ac8b3b3601560c4a455543435276a8cdf61b54e: propagation is, at 
heart, a kluge, and one that should be avoided whenever 
possible[0].

I'm closing this bug because it now works for me.

Could you pull, upgrade lollypop, and let me know whether it now 
works for you?

> I couldn't find out how to test the effect

Assuming you already have a Guix git checkout to create the patch, 
you simply:

  $ guix environment guix
  $ ./configure --localstatedir=/var
  $ make -j `nproc`
  $ ./pre-inst-env guix lollypop

…or something like that :-)

Kind regards,

T G-R

[0]: https://issues.guix.info/issue/36896