Subject: Cannot guix refresh -ru util-linux to get updated lsblk

From: Bengt Richter <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2019 18:22:48 -0700

Hi Guix,

IpPulled and updated to guix describe:
---------------------
Generation 19	Oct 24 2019 22:37:20	(current)
  guix 6caa739
    repository URL: https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git
    branch: master
    commit: 6caa7392d8e51f5ef26e9efaa867ca5f9e1cac91
---------------------

but lsblk -f still looks like this:
---------------------
NAME        FSTYPE LABEL UUID FSAVAIL FSUSE% MOUNTPOINT
sda                                          
├─sda1                                       
├─sda2                                       
├─sda3                                       
├─sda4                                       
├─sda5                                       
├─sda6                                       
└─sda7                                       
sdb                                          
└─sdb1                                       
nvme0n1                                      
├─nvme0n1p1                      510M    50% /boot
├─nvme0n1p2                                  
├─nvme0n1p3                                  [SWAP]
└─nvme0n1p4                     12.6G    71% /
---------------------
where it should look like: (got this using foreign /usr/bin/lsblk -f)
---------------------
NAME        FSTYPE LABEL           UUID                                 FSAVAIL FSUSE% MOUNTPOINT
sda                                                                                    
├─sda1      vfat   Phanto1EFI      98AB-229C                                           
├─sda2      ext4                   d8ce4206-fc92-4248-8164-3fe5397c28fb                
├─sda3      swap                   59e8ffd8-a2df-4021-ba59-c8dda6215f83                
├─sda4      ext4   Phanto4ArchGx   617f2280-d34a-4dea-ac50-a1222dd18c26                
├─sda5      ext4   Phanto5ArchGxOn 71e61e41-81d0-48ac-b50f-a00668723c32                
├─sda6      ext4   Phanto6Arch     e5760f87-71bc-4318-92f1-d108e5c9e332                
└─sda7      ext4   Phanto7GuixSD   a60eac5f-2306-49c5-8c87-7cab28ff6d37                
sdb                                                                                    
└─sdb1      ext4   Cruz1GxArchivA  18fb1d34-47b0-4d62-baea-43681ec2e5a4                
nvme0n1                                                                                
├─nvme0n1p1 vfat   PhantoV1EFI     6E3C-D410                               510M    50% /boot
├─nvme0n1p2 ext4   PhantoNv2Empty  76bc8f68-126c-4a6c-8b77-afc89bd2726a                
├─nvme0n1p3 swap                   24151091-f47a-46e2-a6cb-e5219eddae7c                [SWAP]
└─nvme0n1p4 ext4   PhantoNv4ArchGx 12eec2bf-bc81-48a8-b444-26913c078302   12.6G    71% /
---------------------

So I tried:

[17:59 ~/bs]$ guix refresh -r util-linux
guix/build-system/gnu.scm:143:8: findutils would be upgraded from 4.6.0 to 4.7.0
gnu/packages/commencement.scm:2183:2: binutils would be upgraded from 2.32 to 2.33.1
gnu/packages/commencement.scm:2244:2: gcc would be upgraded from 7.4.0 to 9.2.0
gnu/packages/commencement.scm:2142:2: glibc would be upgraded from 2.29 to 2.30
[18:01 ~/bs]$ guix refresh -ru util-linux
guix/build-system/gnu.scm:143:8: error: cannot download for this method: #<procedure 7f277de49100 at gnu/packages/bootstrap.scm:155:4 (url hash-algo hash #:opti
onal name #:key system)>
[18:02 ~/bs]$ lsblk --version
lsblk from util-linux 2.34
[18:04 ~/bs]$ guix package -I util-linux
util-linux      2.34    out     /gnu/store/xymkwf57x988q8cny2is1dgzrbr9xdfi-util-linux-2.34
[18:04 ~/bs]$ # was -ru combination a problem?
[18:05 ~/bs]$ guix refresh -u util-linux
[18:06 ~/bs]$ guix refresh -r util-linux
guix/build-system/gnu.scm:143:8: findutils would be upgraded from 4.6.0 to 4.7.0
gnu/packages/commencement.scm:2183:2: binutils would be upgraded from 2.32 to 2.33.1
gnu/packages/commencement.scm:2244:2: gcc would be upgraded from 7.4.0 to 9.2.0
gnu/packages/commencement.scm:2142:2: glibc would be upgraded from 2.29 to 2.30
[18:06 ~/bs]$ guix refresh -ur util-linux
guix/build-system/gnu.scm:143:8: error: cannot download for this method: #<procedure 7fb30f394e80 at gnu/packages/bootstrap.scm:155:4 (url hash-algo hash #:opti
onal name #:key system)>
[18:06 ~/bs]$ su -c 'setterm -file refresh-errors.txt -dump 1'

TIA for any help :)
--
Regards,
Bengt Richter