Subject: Re: bug#37926: [PATCH] Unify Gnus select methods

From: Deus Max <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 02 Nov 2019 15:09:57 +0200

On Sat, Oct 26 2019, Andreas Schwab wrote:

> On Okt 26 2019, Eric Abrahamsen wrote:
>
>> [email-masked] writes:
>>
>>> From d4654ad8f3412c79fa7d29427e66d2b964d5e191 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
>>> From: dickmao <none>
>>> Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2019 09:13:38 -0400
>>> Subject: [PATCH] Unify gnus select methods into one defcustom
>>
>> This seems like a good idea in general. Gnus users are often unwilling
>> to update their configs, but in this case I doubt anyone's really keen
>> on retaining the primary/secondary distinction -- there's not much point
>> to it. All the same, it's probably worth floating on gnus.general.
>
> The groups of the primary select method are not prefixed.  That needs to
> be preserved.
>
> Andreas.

Preserving the one group of the primary selection makes it special and
that defeats the purpose of unifying the select methods.

So on the contrary, it should not be preserved and all the groups should
be properly (fully) prefixed.

Of course, on the downside, one would have to update all the gnus article
links to the primary-select-method.