Subject: Re: bug#37925: 26.3; Elisp manual: add index entry for sets/kinds of variables

From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2020 23:48:54 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> The bug report in its entirety is not useful because it lumps together
> several (too many) sections that are almost certainly unrelated, in
> terms of why there is no index entry that you decided were necessary.
> These matters should be always considered on a case by case basis.
[...]
> So please look at each section separately, read its content, and then
> tell what index entries you think are missing, and why, and please do
> that separately for each section.  Arguing about missing index entries
> from _node_names_, just because they all end in "Variables", is the
> wrong way.
>
>> And BTW, we have these entries, which go to
>> 3 different nodes.  They're not distinguished
>> at the level of entries (except for the 2nd
>> one).
>> 
>> buffer-local variables
>> buffer-local variables in modes
>> buffer-local-variables
>
> They are all different entries, so what's wrong with them?  Also, how
> is this related to the subject of this bug report?

More information was requested, but none was given within 12 weeks, so
I'm closing this bug.  If this is still an issue, please reply to this
email (use "Reply to all" in your email client) and we can reopen the
bug report.

Best regards,
Stefan Kangas