Subject: [bug#37924] [PATCH] gnu: Fix make-gcc-libc

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2019 23:18:28 +0100

Hi Carl,

Carl Dong <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Reviewers, would like some insight into whether it's okay to remove the
> FLAGS_FOR_TARGET. From what I can tell it comes from CROSS-GCC-ARGUMENTS in (gnu
> packages cross-base) which might not be needed here since we're not
> cross-building. I've tested this toolchain built without FLAGS_FOR_TARGET and it
> _seems_ to work fine.

I think it wouldn’t hurt to keep FLAGS_FOR_TARGET, but like you write,
it seems to be for cross-compilation only, so I guess it’s OK to remove
it here since ‘make-gcc-libc’ is meant to build native toolchains
anyway.

> Until now the following wouldn't build:
>
> (use-modules (gnu packages commencement)
>              (gnu packages gcc)
>              (gnu packages base))
>
> (make-gcc-libc gcc-9 glibc-2.27)
>
> * gnu/packages/base.scm (make-gcc-libc)[phases]: Add environment
> variables to place the target libc on the system header search path.
> [make-flags]: Remove unncessary FLAGS_FOR_TARGET.
> [native-inputs]: Construct in a way that doesn't require emptying
> inputs.

LGTM, thank you!

Ludo’.