Subject: bug#37915: 12.1.2; preview on circ.tex not rendering equations

From: Ikumi Keita <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2019 15:34:36 +0900

Hi Sivaram,

>>>>> Sivaram Neelakantan <[email-masked]> writes:
> While I'm able to compile latex files and generate PDFs, the preview
> of equations don't seem to be working.  I copied over the default
> circ.tex file and it doesn't show the equations.  I checked SO for
> various errors and coudnt find the reason why it doesn't generate
> images. 

Thanks for your report.  It is known that AUCTeX sometimes has trouble
with gs 9.27.  I recommend to upgrade your AUCTeX to the newest version
of 12.2 and follow the instruction mentioned in
https://www.gnu.org/software/auctex/manual/preview-latex/No-images-are-displayed-with-gs-9_002e27-and-earlier.html
(The same document is available in PROBLEMS.preview included in the
AUCTeX 12.2)

> Output from running `c:/cygwin64/bin/gs.exe -h':
> GPL Ghostscript 9.27 (2019-04-04)

Best regards,
Ikumi Keita