Subject: bug#37911: Cannot build a system with colord-service.

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 02 Nov 2019 00:17:06 +0100

Hi Jack and all,

Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Jack Hill <[email-masked]> skribis:

[...]

>> I did spot another issue with colord since the recent core-updates
>> merge: https://issues.guix.gnu.org/issue/37843 It seems like it is no
>> longer being started automatically via dbus?
>
> Indeed, stracing dbus-daemon while going to the GNOME settings panel,
> “Color” tag, I see:
>
> 459   sendmsg(48, {msg_name=NULL, msg_namelen=0, msg_iov=[{iov_base="l\3\1\1\213\0\0\0\3\0\0\0m\0\0\0\6\1s\0\5\0\0\0:1.95\0\0\0\4\1s\0'\0\0\0org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.AccessDenied\0\5\1u\0\2\0\0\0\10\1g\0\1s\0\0\7\1s\0\24\0\0\0org.freedesktop.DBus\0\0\0\0", iov_len=128}, {iov_base="\206\0\0\0Connection \":1.95\" is not allowed to own the service \"org.freedesktop.ColorManager\" due to security policies in the configuration file\0", iov_len=139}], msg_iovlen=2, msg_controllen=0, msg_flags=0}, MSG_NOSIGNAL <unfinished ...>
>
> So something somewhere is unhappy.

Commit 33f9778bc83086837b99e5c5e99cd514cb0d154e fixes this and colord
now starts correctly again.

I believe that should also fix the “night light” feature in GNOME.  I
tested it in a VM but it was hard to tell if it was working.

Could you confirm, Jack?

Thanks,
Ludo’.