Subject: Re: [bug#37908] [PATCH 0/2] Remove monolithic qt5 (and other unused package)

From: Hartmut Goebel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2019 10:06:57 +0100

Hi,

Efraim Flashner <[email-masked]> wrote:

> On qtdeclarative-render2d, I think the only reason to possibly keep it
> is Debian old-stable (or old-old stable, not sure) packaged the 5.7
> series, but I don't think they even used it for anything.

We don't have any qt 5.7 package anymore and this package is deprecated
since long. I'm in favor of removing it.

Am 25.10.19 um 23:33 schrieb Ludovic Courtès:

>> Actually, we should probably depreciate it and mark it superseded by
>> qtbase for a while.
> Yeah, I think we should do that and remove in one or two months.  (We
> can also use ‘define-deprecated’ for the variable itself, like I did for
> ‘guile-json’, to make sure channel authors notice.)

Okay for me.

But I don't understand how to use  ‘define-deprecated’. Documentations says:

    "Define a deprecated variable or procedure, along these lines:

  (define-deprecated foo bar 42)
  (define-deprecated (baz x y) qux (qux y x))

And for guile json it is:

   (define-deprecated guile-json guile-json-1 guile-json-1)

Given this, I have *no* clue how to use this function. can anybody
please explain?!

-- 
Regards
Hartmut Goebel

| Hartmut Goebel          | [email-masked]               |
| www.crazy-compilers.com | compilers which you thought are impossible |