Subject: Re: [bug#37886] [PATCH] gnu: Add ipcalc.

From: Mathieu Othacehe <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2019 17:12:37 +0200

Hello Daniel,

> here's my first patch to guix - please let me know whether everything's okay.
> It adds the ipcalc package which can calculate IP ranges. Example:

Welcome to Guix :) This first patch looks fine, I just have two remarks.

> new file mode 100644
> index 0000000000..5f83389b25
> --- /dev/null
> +++ b/gnu/packages/ipcalc.scm

I think you can use the existing networking.scm for this tool.

> +    (description "ipcalc takes an IP address and netmask and calculates the
> +                 resulting broadcast, network, Cisco wildcard mask, and host
> +                 range.  By giving a second netmask, you can design subnets and
> +                 supernets.  It is also intended to be a teaching tool and
> +                 presents the subnetting results as easy-to-understand binary
> +                 values.")

The indentation is not correct here. You can use M-q if you are using
emacs or indent.el script otherwise (see:
https://guix.gnu.org/manual/en/html_node/Formatting-Code.html).

Can you please send an updated patch?

Thanks,

Mathieu