Subject: bug#37880: 27.0.50; Changing font size in Info-mode messes up formatting

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 07 May 2022 14:07:24 +0200

Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]> writes:

> So, I'd like to extend our `space` specifications so as to be able to
> specify a minimum width.  I came up with the patch below which lets you
> write:
>
>     (space :align-to FOO :min-width BAR)
>
> which seems to work fine, but while trying to update the Elisp doc for
> it I realized that maybe a better option is to extend the acceptable
> forms for FOO so it can be of the form:
>
>     (space :align-to (max FOO (+ BAR current-x)))

I think I'd actually prefer the first form -- it's easy to reason about,
and does what most usage cases want (i.e., align if possible, but if
not, then at least leave some space so that things don't run into each
other).

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no