Subject: Re: bug#37871: 27.0.50; Merge feature/gnus-select2

From: Eric Abrahamsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 2020 18:31:21 -0700

Eric Abrahamsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Eric Abrahamsen <[email-masked]> writes:
>>
>>>> Sounds great.  Merge away.  :-)
>>>
>>> Andy, do you want to do the honors?
>>
>> This was in October 2019, and nnselect.el doesn't seem to exist yet.
>> :-)  Somebody should get mergin'.
>
> It's possible Andy was waiting for me to finish my *-retrieve-headers
> patch, allowing backends to return headers directly, before he merged
> nnselect, as that patch affects how that backend works. Either way, I
> really need to take half a day and finish that patch (it's delicate, and
> needs some consideration). And Andy should be the one to do the nnselect
> merge.

And it's in!

Lars, what do you think about bumping the Gnus version number for big
changes like this? If only to make bug triage easier. In retrospect I
wish I'd done this for the obarray->hashtable change.