Subject: Re: bug#37871: 27.0.50; Merge feature/gnus-select2

From: Eric Abrahamsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2019 11:26:59 -0700

Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> Eric Abrahamsen <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Hi all, Andy Cohen's nnselect Gnus backend looks ready to merge -- he
>> wrote to emacs.devel but it occurs to me it might be better to start
>> here. His original message is here, and I've pasted the full text below
>> the link:
>>
>> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2019-10/msg00689.html
>
> Sounds nice.  Is there any impact on Gnus itself, or is it all
> constrained to the new backend?

It shifts nnir over to use nnselect for holding search results, I think
that's all. It makes nnir much easier to use (in the hacking sense,
should be transparent for users). It also let me write the unified
gnus-search interface on top of it, which wasn't possible with the
current implementation of nnir.