Subject: [bug#37869] [PATCH] pull: Honor '/etc/guix/channels.scm'.

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2019 18:13:26 +0200

Hello,

Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> skribis:

> +Specifically, @command{guix pull} downloads code from the @dfn{channels}
> +(@pxref{Channels}) specified by one of the followings, in this order:
> +
> +@enumerate
> +@item
> +the @option{--channels} option;
> +@item
> +the user's @file{~/.config/guix/channels.scm} file;
> +@item
> +the system-wide @file{/etc/guix/channels.scm} file;
> +@item
> +the built-in default channels specified in the @code{%default-channels}
> +variable.
> +@end enumerate

A word on the use case: on clusters at work and in other research
institutes, having a system-wide default channel file allows newcomers
to get started right away, without having to look for the ‘channels.scm’
file that their colleagues happen to be using.

Nothing revolutionary, but it can be convenient.  :-)

Ludo’.