Subject: bug#37854: 27.0.50; debbugs-gnu doesn't return date bugs were closed

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2019 19:12:09 +0200

Apparently somewhere in the database, debbugs knows the date a bug was
closed:

https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=18688

https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=18691

Unless those pages are statically generated and just appended to, as in
a log?  I assumed they were generated on-the-fly from the data in the
database.

There's two data points that would be interesting: The "closed" date, and
the "fixed" date, which may be different.

The problem is that bugs may be updated after they're closed (for
instance when they are archived, but also by other stuff), which makes
it difficult to do accurate statistics about response time and the
like.  I mean, you can do statistics that are probably "good enough",
but it's kinda not very satisfying when you know there's methodological
errors there.

In GNU Emacs 27.0.50 (build 91, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.5)
 of 2019-10-20 built on marnie
Repository revision: 78cb3791fa11c95756ee3917c63cfea774f128a2
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12004000
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no