Subject: Re: bug#37854: 27.0.50; debbugs-gnu doesn't return date bugs were closed

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2019 10:20:49 +0200

Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi Lars,

> Would it be possible to include the entire change history in the SOAP
> data?  That is, the timestamps when tags/severities are added/removed?
> That is, is there a "log" of changes applied to a bug that can be
> output?  If there was, that'd also fix the "closed" date handling
> problem.

Such history cannot be retrieved from the database I fear. So it cannot
be provided by the SOAP interface.

What you see in the bug reports logs web pages are all the messages,
received for a given bug. They are not downloaded by SOAP, but by their
URL like <https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?mboxstat=yes;bug=37818>.
This is the counterpart to what is shown via
<https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=37818>.

All messages "bug marked as fixed in version 27.1, ...", as seen in that
example at the bottom, are control messages. One could extend the
"...bugreport.cgi?mboxstat=yes..." URL by another attribute
"mboxcontrol=yes" to download only control messages. They can be
identified by a "X-Debbugs-Envelope-To: control" header in the
messages. But this would miss the requests embedded directly in
messages, as seen in
<https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=37818#32>, for example.

Best regards, Michael.