Subject: Glib documentation is missing

From: Pierre Neidhardt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2019 12:45:29 +0200

Since the last core-update merge, glib 2.58.1+ does not include the
documentation anymore (it was in the "doc" output).

Documentation for Glib/GTK-based libraries is very useful for
developers: it allows offline and contextual access from any text
editor.

This is why it would be nice to include it back.

Commit 6c237a2d7bfa3c7be02c069e5c24a2b401a51864 (June 21st) states

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
[outputs]: Remove "doc" as the documentation files are no longer included.
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

However looking at the source of Glib I cannot find trace of this in the
NEWS file nor in the INSTALL.in file.  Disclaimer: I haven't tried
building glib.

Maybe we miss a compilation flag?

What do you think?  Ricardo?

Cheers!

-- 
Pierre Neidhardt
https://ambrevar.xyz/