Subject: Re: bug#37826: Very annoying autoraise client/server behavior with -t option

From: Juanma Barranquero <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2019 16:46:09 +0200

On Mon, Oct 21, 2019 at 7:14 PM Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:

> I think this should go before the description of
> delayed-warnings-list, and the text at the beginning of the section
> should be modifies to mention this function as another alternative to
> queue warnings for delayed display.

I did so, just moving up the description of delay-warning, and changing the
beginning of the section to suggest using it, instead of directly
`delayed-warnings-list'. That way, the low level details follow the
function, for those interested in them.

>From c00a590b8847a444e198b7f69b0faff69262b7ab Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: Juanma Barranquero <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2019 16:36:17 +0200
Subject: [PATCH] * doc/lispref/display.texi: Document `delay-warning'

---
 doc/lispref/display.texi | 12 +++++++++---
 1 file changed, 9 insertions(+), 3 deletions(-)

diff --git a/doc/lispref/display.texi b/doc/lispref/display.texi
index 82d9f1db61..8ba0327fbb 100644
--- a/doc/lispref/display.texi
+++ b/doc/lispref/display.texi
@@ -828,7 +828,13 @@ Delayed Warnings

 Sometimes, you may wish to avoid showing a warning while a command is
 running, and only show it only after the end of the command.  You can
-use the variable @code{delayed-warnings-list} for this.
+use the function @code{delay-warning} for this.
+
+@defun delay-warning type message &optional level buffer-name
+This function is the delayed counterpart to @code{display-warning}
+(@pxref{Warning Basics}), and it is called with the same arguments.
+The warning message is queued into @code{delayed-warnings-list}.
+@end defun

 @defvar delayed-warnings-list
 The value of this variable is a list of warnings to be displayed after
@@ -840,8 +846,8 @@ Delayed Warnings

 @noindent
 with the same form, and the same meanings, as the argument list of
-@code{display-warning} (@pxref{Warning Basics}).  Immediately after
-running @code{post-command-hook} (@pxref{Command Overview}), the Emacs
+@code{display-warning}.  Immediately after running
+@code{post-command-hook} (@pxref{Command Overview}), the Emacs
 command loop displays all the warnings specified by this variable,
 then resets it to @code{nil}.
 @end defvar
-- 
2.23.0.windows.1