Subject: Re: bug#37826: Very annoying autoraise client/server behavior with -t option

From: Carlos Pita <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2019 10:37:34 -0300

>
> I don't think I agree with such narrowing of the scope, certainly not
> as an unconditional default behavior.

Ok, I was expecting that anyway :)

 Is it possible
> to have a solution that only affects this particular use case?
>

> can we delay the message until the new frame is created?

The message "Indentation setup for shell type bash"  is like, I don't know,
debug level. If modules are that verbose, for me this means a case by case
approach has no hope of success. And in this particular case I would just
have suppressed the message and not merely delayed it, but then we would be
having a new discussion, and another one, and another one... And how to
know when to delay/ignore and when to show if there is no priority hint?
Again, I would have to proceed on a case by case basis, matching message
patterns or something like that.

Maybe you're aware of this and could spare me some time (and I don't have
access to emacs right now): why the buffer "flashing" is a non-issue for
standalone emacs? I mean, it also has to show something at the very
beginning, while still loading the initial buffer.

Best regards
--
Carlos