Subject: Re: bug#37826: Very annoying autoraise client/server behavior with -t option

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2019 19:09:05 +0200

> From: Carlos Pita <[email-masked]>
> Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2019 14:02:27 -0300
> Cc: Juanma Barranquero <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
> 
> > I'm not sure I follow: if sh-mode signals an error, there should be no
> > other messages after that, because an error throws to top-level.  What
> > am I missing?
> 
> When done with a buffer, type C-x #  <------ this

OK.

> Anyway, even if the error were the last message, it would still be
> printed in the minibuffer of some potentially invisible frame,
> wouldn't it?

Does it mean that my suggestion is unworkable?  I expected the frame
with the error message to be auto-raised, but you seem to say that it
isn't?

We want a solution that avoids raising the wrong frame for some
unimportant messages, but still does raise some frame for displaying
important messages, such as errors.  If that doesn't happen in some
scenario, then we cannot use this idea.