Subject: Re: bug#37826: Very annoying autoraise client/server behavior with -t option

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2019 08:02:34 +0200

> From: Carlos Pita <[email-masked]>
> Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2019 02:45:31 -0300
> Cc: Juanma Barranquero <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
> 
> Hi Eli, the frame is not raised for a -t shell script nor for any
> other scenario you listed (considering a very limited set of examples,
> at least). This change is similar to my first patch except that mine
> also covered the handful of hooks surrounding that part.

Most importantly, it affected the question we ask there if the file is
gone.

> But even if yours is more selective it still could be letting an
> error pass silently

You mean, errors inside find-file-noselect?  Maybe I'm missing
something, but I'd expect such an error to be displayed as usual.  Can
you simulate an error there and see what happens?

Also, an important use case is when the file visited by the client
with -t has an auto-save file.  Emacs should display a message in that
case; can you see if it gets displayed, so the user could see it?
(It's possible that the message is overwritten by "When done with a
buffer, type ..." which the server always displays, but it's important
that the user could see the message about auto-save file for a second
or so.)