Subject: bug#37818: [PATCH] Various FAQ updates

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2019 09:27:41 +0300

> From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
> Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2019 23:07:10 +0200
> 
> 1. Remove section on how to enable the default behaviour of having the
> region highlighted, which is probably not a frequently asked question.

OK.

> 2. Remove information on large files in ancient versions of Emacs that
> would only confuse new users.  This leaves in only the information on
> the relatively recent versions of Emacs.

IMO, this section should first tell that Emacs has an inherent fixed
limitation on the size of buffers, as that is not something people
assume nowadays.  It should cite the limitation separately for 32-bit
builds, 32-bit builds --with-wide-int, and 64-bit builds.  Then it
should say that this limitation also imposes size limit on visiting
files, but the file-size limit is roughly about half the buffer limit,
due to decoding and other stuff.  I would also mention visiting
compressed archives, because the size limitation might be hit half-way
through decompression.

Thanks.