Subject: Re: bug#37814: [PATCH] Add an option to preserve ANSI sequences

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2019 09:12:12 +0300

> From: Pablo Barbáchano <[email-masked]>
> Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2019 20:18:13 +0200
> Cc: Pablo Barbáchano <[email-masked]>
> 
> * lisp/ansi-color.el Add an option to preserve the ANSI sequences
> * test/lisp/ansi-color-tests.el: Add tests

Thank you for your contribution.

Could you please elaborate on the use case(s) that could benefit from
this change?

Also, using overlays would mean that copying the text elsewhere will
reveal the SGR sequences, is that intended?  If not, perhaps using
text properties would be better?

Did you consider using some non-trivial invisibility spec instead of
just t?  It's hard to say if this would make sense without knowing the
use cases you had in mind.

The commit log message is not formatted according to our conventions;
see CONTRIBUTE in the Emacs sources for the details.

Finally, these changes are too large for us to accept them without a
copyright assignment.  Would you like to start the legal paperwork to
that end?  If so, I will send you the form to fill.

Thanks again for your interest in Emacs.