Subject: bug#37797: closed (Re: bug#37797: [PATCH 1/1] emacs-module-tests: fix VPATH builds)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2020 17:37:02 +0000

Your bug report

#37797: conf_post.h not found

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
37797: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=37797
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#37797: [PATCH 1/1] emacs-module-tests: fix VPATH builds
From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2020 13:36:07 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Version: 27.2

This was fixed in master in July in c86f3fe0d0; now backported to
emacs-27 as cc7f971485.

commit c86f3fe0d0
Date:   Thu Jul 9 16:35:48 2020 -0700

    Fix out-of-source ‘make check’ emacs-module-tests

Subject: conf_post.h not found
From: Vin Shelton <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2019 13:25:13 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

While running the test suite ("make check") on the latest emacs sources, I
got this error:

  CCLD     data/emacs-module/mod-test.so
In file included from
../../../src/emacs-2019-10-17/test/data/emacs-module/mod-test.c:20:
../src/config.h:2257:10: fatal error: conf_post.h: No such file or directory
 2257 | #include <conf_post.h>

conf_post.h does exist in $(srcdir), but I'm building in a separate
directory.

Please let me know if you need more details.

Thank you,
  Vin Shelton