Subject: bug#37797: conf_post.h not found

From: Rob Browning <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2020 02:18:50 -0500

Rob Browning <[email-masked]> writes:

>   (mod-test-sum a b)
>
>   Return A + B" module-file-suffix)))
>         :form
>         (equal "a module function in `../test/data/emacs-module/mod-test.so'.

Indeed, after a bit further investigation I think the tests may just be
hard-coding expectations that don't account for VPATH builds, i.e. the
test is looking for

  data/emacs-module/mod-test.so

but when you're building after a "../configure ..." in a subdir, the
actual value will be more like:

  ../test/data/emacs-module/mod-test.so

I'm wondering if some of the other 27.1 tests failures I'm seeing might
also be VPATH related.  Are VPATH builds regularly tested?

Thanks
-- 
Rob Browning
rlb @defaultvalue.org and @debian.org
GPG as of 2011-07-10 E6A9 DA3C C9FD 1FF8 C676 D2C4 C0F0 39E9 ED1B 597A
GPG as of 2002-11-03 14DD 432F AE39 534D B592 F9A0 25C8 D377 8C7E 73A4