Subject: Re: conf_post.h not found

From: Rob Browning <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2020 20:04:09 -0500

I just hit the same error.  My current suspicion is that conf_post.h
might not work right with VPATH builds yet.

Symlinking conf_post.h from the source tree into src/ in the build tree
got past this crash, but then there was different failure in the
emacs-module tests, which made me wonder if other bits of the module
tests might not support VPATH yet either.

For example, after a manual "(cd src && ln -s ../../../src/conf_post.h
.)" I see:

  ...

     passed  26/28  module-function-object (0.000107 sec)
  Test module/describe-function-1 backtrace:
    signal(ert-test-failed (((should (equal (buffer-substring-no-propert
    ert-fail(((should (equal (buffer-substring-no-properties 1 (point-ma
    #f(compiled-function () #<bytecode 0x1592241ca5c9>)()
    ert--run-test-internal(#s(ert--test-execution-info :test #s(ert-test
    ert-run-test(#s(ert-test :name module/describe-function-1 :documenta
    ert-run-or-rerun-test(#s(ert--stats :selector ... :tests ... :test-m
    ert-run-tests((not (or (tag :expensive-test) (tag :unstable))) #f(co
    ert-run-tests-batch((not (or (tag :expensive-test) (tag :unstable)))
    ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit((not (or (tag :expensive-test) (tag :un
    eval((ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit '(not (or (tag :expensive-test) (
    command-line-1(("-L" ":../../../test" "-l" "ert" "-l" "src/emacs-mod
    command-line()
    normal-top-level()
  Test module/describe-function-1 condition:
      (ert-test-failed
       ((should
         (equal
          (buffer-substring-no-properties 1 ...)
          (format "a module function in `data/emacs-module/mod-test%s'.

  (mod-test-sum a b)

  Return A + B" module-file-suffix)))
        :form
        (equal "a module function in `../test/data/emacs-module/mod-test.so'.

  (mod-test-sum a b)

  Return A + B" "a module function in `data/emacs-module/mod-test.so'.

  (mod-test-sum a b)

  Return A + B")
        :value nil :explanation
        (arrays-of-different-length 95 87 "a module function in `../test/data/emacs-module/mod-test.so'.

  (mod-test-sum a b)

  Return A + B" "a module function in `data/emacs-module/mod-test.so'.

  (mod-test-sum a b)

  Return A + B" first-mismatch-at 22)))
     FAILED  27/28  module/describe-function-1 (0.018190 sec)

Hope this helps.
-- 
Rob Browning
rlb @defaultvalue.org and @debian.org
GPG as of 2011-07-10 E6A9 DA3C C9FD 1FF8 C676 D2C4 C0F0 39E9 ED1B 597A
GPG as of 2002-11-03 14DD 432F AE39 534D B592 F9A0 25C8 D377 8C7E 73A4