Subject: bug#37796: 26.3; Opening files in Mac OS Catalina

From: Stephen Moye <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2019 11:02:44 -0400

Setup: Mac OS Catalina (10.15); iMac Late 2015. All .tex files are
opened with Emacs.app (Get info>Open with: Emacs.app; using 'change all')

1. To begin, Emacs.app is not open
2. Double-click on a .tex file -> the file opens in Emacs.app
3. Double-click on another .tex file -> brief animation as if opening
file, but file does not open in Emacs.app.
4. Using Command-o (open) gives the same result, a brief animation as if
opening but file does not open
5. Using Command-tab to go back to Emacs.app opens a new instance of
Emacs.app (two icons in the Dock) with a default scratch buffer.

Using C-x C-f to open files functions normally.

Thank you.

Stephen Moye

In GNU Emacs 26.3 (build 1, x86_64-apple-darwin18.2.0, NS appkit-1671.20 Version 10.14.3 (Build 18D109))
of 2019-09-02 built on builder10-14.porkrind.org
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.1894
Recent messages:
Removing duplicates...done
Applying style hooks...done
Type ‘C-c C-l’ to display results of compilation.
LaTeX: successfully formatted {1} page
mwheel-scroll: Beginning of buffer [23 times]
Sorting environment...done
Removing duplicates...done
GNU Emacs 26.3 (build 1, x86_64-apple-darwin18.2.0, NS appkit-1671.20 Version 10.14.3 (Build 18D109)) of 2019-09-02
You can run the command ‘emacs-version’ with M-x em-v RET
GNU Emacs 26.3 (build 1, x86_64-apple-darwin18.2.0, NS appkit-1671.20 Version 10.14.3 (Build 18D109)) of 2019-09-02

Configured using:
'configure --with-ns '--enable-locallisppath=/Library/Application
Support/Emacs/${version}/site-lisp:/Library/Application
Support/Emacs/site-lisp' --with-modules'

Configured features:
NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS NS MODULES THREADS

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Info

Minor modes in effect:
  tabbar-mwheel-mode: t
  tabbar-mode: t
  TeX-PDF-mode: t
  TeX-source-correlate-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  global-display-line-numbers-mode: t
  display-line-numbers-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  yas-global-mode: t
  yas-minor-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug sendmail jka-compr server tabbar
autoload radix-tree tar-mode pp lisp-mnt misearch multi-isearch
mm-archive message rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg gnus-util rmail
rmail-loaddefs mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-utils network-stream starttls url-http tls gnutls
mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util ietf-drums mail-prsvr url-gw
nsm rmc puny url-cache url-auth url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand
url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util mailcap rect
windmove whitespace vcursor speedbar sb-image ezimage dframe ruler-mode
reveal repeat org-protocol org-element avl-tree generator org org-macro
org-footnote org-pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities org-version
ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle org-src ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-keys ob-exp
ob-comint ob-core ob-eval org-compat org-macs org-loaddefs format-spec
find-func cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs linum imenu ido ibuffer
ibuffer-loaddefs hl-line hippie-exp follow filesets filecache ffap
emacs-lock dabbrev cua-base completion bs autorevert filenotify
autoinsert cus-edit dired dired-loaddefs preview prv-emacs tex-bar
toolbar-x noutline outline tex-buf font-latex latex easy-mmode
latex-flymake flymake-proc flymake warnings thingatpt tex-ispell
tex-style tex crm advice tex-mode compile shell pcomplete comint
ansi-color ring latexenc abyss-theme display-line-numbers cus-start
cus-load paren cl-extra yasnippet elec-pair help-mode delsel recentf
tree-widget wid-edit edmacro kmacro finder-inf info tex-site package
easymenu epg-config url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio
eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache url-vars seq byte-opt
gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib time-date tooltip
eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel
term/ns-win ns-win ucs-normalize mule-util term/common-win tool-bar dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads kqueue cocoa ns
multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 550565 133193)
(symbols 48 43227 2)
(miscs 40 1736 1539)
(strings 32 132909 11892)
(string-bytes 1 3531344)
(vectors 16 68675)
(vector-slots 8 1876795 236302)
(floats 8 170 628)
(intervals 56 4696 1162)
(buffers 992 21))