Subject: bug#37789: guix pull: error: You found a bug: the program

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2019 16:58:50 +0200

Hello,

my glc2 <[email-masked]> skribis:

> [message: "build of
> `/gnu/store/j5lp13iwcwnsdk545lgg1nh8kn4jdj3d-ghostscript-9.27.drv' failed"
> status: 100] 5348cc0>)'.
> guix pull: error: You found a bug: the program
> '/gnu/store/an0wa7l9726cchav86ixjy520lnq5srx-compute-guix-derivation'
> failed to compute the derivation for Guix (version:
> "0230b92fde80b2288028582434034ad0827a61b1"; system: "x86_64-linux";
> host version: "bd208a13ef4c203cf9035c0ccf454a60c1949c58"; pull-version: 1).

Apparently Ghostcript failed to build, which in turn prevented ‘guix
pull’ from completing.

This binary is available on ci.guix.gnu.org though:

  https://ci.guix.gnu.org/3i5qm6z0qihhjbdgs3pwj42gy63sf74h.narinfo
  https://ci.guix.gnu.org/l1iakyjw5lacjbnynm6z7b31clyh1llx.narinfo

Did you enable substitutes, in particular from ci.guix.gnu.org?

Does the ‘guix pull’ log above provide more insight as to why Ghostcript
failed to build?

TIA,
Ludo’.