Subject: bug#37789: closed (Re: bug#37789: guix pull: error: You found a bug: the program)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2020 14:49:02 +0000

Your bug report

#37789: guix pull: error: You found a bug: the program

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
37789: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=37789
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#37789: guix pull: error: You found a bug: the program
From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
To: George Clemmer <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2020 16:48:43 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

George Clemmer <[email-masked]> skribis:

> I recently re-installed Guix System from USB and abandoned my config
> that turned off substitutes. And of course, guix pull works great ;-)

Awesome!

> I assume that "guix pull w/substitutes off" is not recommended or likely
> to be used by others. If so maybe this bug can be cleared?

It’s necessarily supported: the build farm has to build those
substitutes in the first place, and if you’re unlucky, you end up
building it locally.  Like Tobias writes, it still requires a lot of
CPU/memory/disk, but it’s definitely supported.

Thanks,
Ludo’.

Subject: guix pull: error: You found a bug: the program
From: my glc2 <[email-masked]>
To: Bug Guix <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2019 06:49:52 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

In ./guix/store.scm:
   1685:8  5 (_ _)
  1708:38  4 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 91da840>)
In ./guix/packages.scm:
   948:16  3 (cache! #<weak-table 210/443> #<package guile-gcrypt@0?> ?)
  1267:22  2 (thunk)
  1200:25  1 (bag->derivation #<store-connection 256.99 91da840> #<?> ?)
In srfi/srfi-1.scm:
   592:17  0 (map1 (("source" #<origin #<<git-reference> url: "?>) ?))

srfi/srfi-1.scm:592:17: In procedure map1:
Throw to key `srfi-34' with args `(#<condition &store-protocol-error
[message: "build of
`/gnu/store/j5lp13iwcwnsdk545lgg1nh8kn4jdj3d-ghostscript-9.27.drv' failed"
status: 100] 5348cc0>)'.
guix pull: error: You found a bug: the program
'/gnu/store/an0wa7l9726cchav86ixjy520lnq5srx-compute-guix-derivation'
failed to compute the derivation for Guix (version:
"0230b92fde80b2288028582434034ad0827a61b1"; system: "x86_64-linux";
host version: "bd208a13ef4c203cf9035c0ccf454a60c1949c58"; pull-version: 1).
Please report it by email to <[email-masked]>.

glc@g1 ~ [def]$ date
Thu Oct 17 06:46:53 EDT 2019
glc@g1 ~ [def]$

glc@g1 ~ [def]$ guix -V
guix (GNU Guix) bd208a13ef4c203cf9035c0ccf454a60c1949c58
Copyright (C) 2018 the Guix authors
License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html
This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it.
There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.
glc@g1 ~ [def]$