Subject: bug#37789: guix pull: error: You found a bug: the program

From: George Clemmer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2019 10:57:07 -0400

Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> writes:

> This is not the key of ci.guix.gnu.org.

Thanks for getting back to me. It turns out I mistakenly gave you this
server's public key. SORRY. Also I forgot the system is configured not
to use substitutes ...

		   (guix-service-type
		    config =>
		    (guix-configuration
		     (inherit config)
		     (use-substitutes? #f)
		     (substitute-urls (list "https://mirror.hydra.gnu.org"
					    "https://hydra.gnu.org"
					    "https://berlin.guixsd.org"))
		     (extra-options '("--gc-keep-derivations=yes"
				      "--gc-keep-outputs=yes"
				      "--cores=0" "--max-jobs=10"))
		     ))))

... because it primarily builds Guix from Git. I only use 'guix pull' as
a kind of "rescue move" when the souce build fails, as it is now doing

configure: error: Guile-JSON is missing; please install it.

The last time I used 'guix pull' it worked fine ...

  /home/glc/.config/guix:
  lrwxrwxrwx 1 glc users   44 Dec 14  2018 current ->
  /var/guix/profiles/per-user/glc/current-guix

The guix-configuration is unchanged since then. Shouldn't 'guix pull'
still work?

SORRY for the run-around on keys and substitutes.

TIA, George