Subject: bug#37789: guix pull: error: You found a bug: the program

From: George Clemmer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2019 12:39:30 -0400

Hi Ludo’, thanks for getting back to me.

Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hello,
>
> my glc2 <[email-masked]> skribis:
>
>> [message: "build of
>> `/gnu/store/j5lp13iwcwnsdk545lgg1nh8kn4jdj3d-ghostscript-9.27.drv' failed"
>> status: 100] 5348cc0>)'.
>> guix pull: error: You found a bug: the program
>> '/gnu/store/an0wa7l9726cchav86ixjy520lnq5srx-compute-guix-derivation'
>> failed to compute the derivation for Guix (version:
>> "0230b92fde80b2288028582434034ad0827a61b1"; system: "x86_64-linux";
>> host version: "bd208a13ef4c203cf9035c0ccf454a60c1949c58"; pull-version: 1).
>
> Apparently Ghostcript failed to build, which in turn prevented ‘guix
> pull’ from completing.
>
> This binary is available on ci.guix.gnu.org though:
>
>   https://ci.guix.gnu.org/3i5qm6z0qihhjbdgs3pwj42gy63sf74h.narinfo
>   https://ci.guix.gnu.org/l1iakyjw5lacjbnynm6z7b31clyh1llx.narinfo
>
> Did you enable substitutes, in particular from ci.guix.gnu.org?

I think so. /etc/guix/acl contains several copies of ...
 (entry 
  (public-key 
   (ecc 
    (curve Ed25519)
    (q #C38DCF2B0EBE663B9450BEFB0E77DFAF6643E8E971318F7002721076ED9C9788#)
    )
   )
  (tag 
   (guix import)
   )
  )

> Does the ‘guix pull’ log above provide more insight as to why Ghostcript
> failed to build?

The log is 38M. How about this ...

glc@g1 ~ [def]$ grep failed guix_pull.fail.log
download failed "https://linux-libre.fsfla.org/pub/linux-libre/releases/4.19.56-gnu/linux-libre-4.19.56-gnu.tar.xz" 404 "Not Found"
download failed "https://mirrors.ocf.berkeley.edu/gnu/linux-libre/4.19.56-gnu/linux-libre-4.19.56-gnu.tar.xz" 404 "Not Found"
download failed "http://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/linux-libre/4.19.56-gnu/linux-libre-4.19.56-gnu.tar.xz" 404 "Not Found"
download failed "http://ramses.wh2.tu-dresden.de/pub/mirrors/kernel.org/linux/libs/security/linux-privs/libcap2/libcap-2.27.tar.xz" 404 "Not Found"
download failed "http://artfiles.org/gnupg.org/libgcrypt/libgcrypt-1.8.4.tar.bz2" 404 "Not Found"
download failed "http://artfiles.org/gnupg.org/libgpg-error/libgpg-error-1.36.tar.bz2" 404 "Not Found"
download failed "https://www.crysys.hu/libgcrypt/libgcrypt-1.8.4.tar.bz2" 404 "Not Found"
download failed "https://www.crysys.hu/libgpg-error/libgpg-error-1.36.tar.bz2" 404 "Not Found"
download failed "http://ramses.wh2.tu-dresden.de/pub/mirrors/kernel.org/linux/utils/util-linux/v2.34/util-linux-2.34.tar.xz" 404 "Not Found"
binutils-2.32/ld/testsuite/ld-riscv-elf/attr-merge-arch-failed-01.d
binutils-2.32/ld/testsuite/ld-riscv-elf/attr-merge-stack-align-failed-a.s
binutils-2.32/ld/testsuite/ld-riscv-elf/attr-merge-stack-align-failed-b.s
binutils-2.32/ld/testsuite/ld-riscv-elf/attr-merge-arch-failed-01a.s
binutils-2.32/ld/testsuite/ld-riscv-elf/attr-merge-stack-align-failed.d
binutils-2.32/ld/testsuite/ld-riscv-elf/attr-merge-arch-failed-01b.s
warning: failed to install 'en_US.utf8' locale: Invalid argument
warning: failed to install 'en_US.utf8' locale: Invalid argument
gcc-7.4.0/gcc/testsuite/gfortran.dg/coarray/failed_images_1.f08
gcc-7.4.0/gcc/testsuite/gfortran.dg/coarray/failed_images_2.f08
gcc-7.4.0/gcc/testsuite/gfortran.dg/coarray_failed_images_1.f08
binutils-2.32/ld/testsuite/ld-riscv-elf/attr-merge-arch-failed-01.d
binutils-2.32/ld/testsuite/ld-riscv-elf/attr-merge-arch-failed-01a.s
binutils-2.32/ld/testsuite/ld-riscv-elf/attr-merge-arch-failed-01b.s
binutils-2.32/ld/testsuite/ld-riscv-elf/attr-merge-stack-align-failed-a.s
binutils-2.32/ld/testsuite/ld-riscv-elf/attr-merge-stack-align-failed-b.s
binutils-2.32/ld/testsuite/ld-riscv-elf/attr-merge-stack-align-failed.d
gcc-7.4.0/gcc/testsuite/gfortran.dg/coarray/failed_images_1.f08
gcc-7.4.0/gcc/testsuite/gfortran.dg/coarray/failed_images_2.f08
gcc-7.4.0/gcc/testsuite/gfortran.dg/coarray_failed_images_1.f08
failed: 5
warning: failed to install 'en_US.utf8' locale: Invalid argument
configure: error: 'gcc' failed to compile conftest.c.
failed: 15
command "sh" "check.sh" failed with status 1
builder for `/gnu/store/nvhjn6b5hi4mj7wnjxrmj0dmdigq9m2z-tcc-boot0-0.9.26-6.c004e9a.drv' failed with exit code 1
@ build-failed /gnu/store/nvhjn6b5hi4mj7wnjxrmj0dmdigq9m2z-tcc-boot0-0.9.26-6.c004e9a.drv - 1 builder for `/gnu/store/nvhjn6b5hi4mj7wnjxrmj0dmdigq9m2z-tcc-boot0-0.9.26-6.c004e9a.drv' failed with exit code 1
Throw to key `srfi-34' with args `(#<condition &store-protocol-error [message: "build of `/gnu/store/j5lp13iwcwnsdk545lgg1nh8kn4jdj3d-ghostscript-9.27.drv' failed" status: 100] 32ea7e0>)'.
failed to compute the derivation for Guix (version: "0230b92fde80b2288028582434034ad0827a61b1"; system: "x86_64-linux";
glc@g1 ~ [def]$

TIA - George