Subject: bug#37784: closed (Re: bug#37784: Buffer messed up when scrolling undecorated frame)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2019 02:29:02 +0000

Your bug report

#37784: Buffer messed up when scrolling undecorated frame

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
37784: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=37784
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#37784: Buffer messed up when scrolling undecorated frame
From: Carlos Pita <[email-masked]>
To: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2019 23:27:43 -0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> There will probably be no further emacs-26 releases, so that seems
> unnecessary.

I know, it's just for personal usage, just if anybody aware of this
issue could spare me the pain of bisecting it. Anyway, we can close
this. Thx!

Subject: Buffer messed up when scrolling undecorated frame
From: Carlos Pita <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2019 21:52:24 -0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

When I set:

(set-frame-parameter nil 'undecorated t)

and then change to another window and back to emacs, then scroll
around the window, I often end up with a very messed up buffer and
have to run redraw-display in order to sanitize its contents. See
attached screenshot.

I've tested this in an environment featuring:

* Gnome 3.32
* Ubuntu 19.04
* Emacs built from emacs-26 branch (of course, run with -Q)

After restoring decorations the problem stop happening.

Any idea about what could be causing this?

Best regards
--
Carlos

---

In GNU Emacs 26.3.50 (build 11, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
3.24.8, cairo version 1.16.0)
 of 2019-10-16 built on carlos
Repository revision: 116a7369bcb97341be7d6ffe3f832bf52159a99a
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12004000
System Description: Ubuntu 19.04

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Making completion list...

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/home/carlos/Local/stow/emacs-26 --with-cairo
 'CFLAGS=-O3 -g0''

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG CAIRO SOUND DBUS GSETTINGS GLIB NOTIFY LIBSELINUX
GNUTLS FREETYPE XFT ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 XDBE XIM THREADS

Important settings:
  value of $LC_MONETARY: es_AR.UTF-8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: es_AR.UTF-8
  value of $LC_TIME: es_AR.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny seq byte-opt gv
bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib dired dired-loaddefs
format-spec rfc822 mml easymenu mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg
epg-config gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils elec-pair time-date
mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar
dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind
inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 94873 8334)
 (symbols 48 20247 1)
 (miscs 40 44 118)
 (strings 32 28311 1604)
 (string-bytes 1 753138)
 (vectors 16 13910)
 (vector-slots 8 501264 11006)
 (floats 8 49 68)
 (intervals 56 231 0)
 (buffers 992 12))