Subject: bug#37782: Emacs 27 client adding [I] to the beginning of the

From: Joseph Mingrone <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2020 22:36:10 -0300

Noam Postavsky <[email-masked]> writes:

> tags 37782 fixed
> close 37782 27.1
> quit

> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>>> From: Joseph Mingrone <[email-masked]>
>>> Cc: emacs-devel <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
>>> Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2019 01:09:27 -0400

>>> Hello Carlos and Eli,

>>> The fix for bug#37782 in commit e3cebbb (2019-10-19) introduced an error
>>> when starting emacsclient.

>>>     undefined: KEY must be an integer, cons, symbol, or string

>>> I think the message is from keymap.c around line 2279.

>>> This error is reproducible and is happening on FreeBSD (versions 12.0
>>> and 12.1 confirmed).

>> No response from Carlos in a month, so I tried to fix this bug as best
>> as I could.  Joseph, could you please see if your problem is solved by
>> the latest master branch?

>> Carlos, if you are still here, please test if your original problem is
>> still solved, or did I re-introduce it by the fix.

> I think by now we can assume no news is good news.  Closing.

> [1: 1161c7d8ec]: 2019-12-07 11:28:05 +0200
>   Fix fallout from fixing bug#37782
>   https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/commit/?id=1161c7d8ec388dc0698e7a398798a4f0e98e0403

Hi all,

For some reason my response from last December didn't show up even though I CCed [email-masked].

  > Hello Eli,

  > The error message on emacsclient start up is gone after your fix.

  > Thank you,

  > Joseph

In any case, thank you all.

Joseph