Subject: bug#37756: [PATCH] Wrong initialization of fringe bitmap

From: Robert Pluim <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2019 17:01:54 +0200

>>>>> On Thu, 17 Oct 2019 12:53:51 +0100, Alan Third <[email-masked]> said:

    Alan> On Wed, Oct 16, 2019 at 05:01:11PM -0300, Carlos Pita wrote:
    >> > Use one of the related Emacs commands, and Emacs will do that for you.
    >> > Those commands are described in CONTRIBUTE under "Generating ChangeLog
    >> > entries".
    >> 
    >> I'm having some issues doing that because I'm using magit to amend /
    >> reword previously committed changes, so the instructions there don't
    >> quite match my situation. Will try harder later, for now I just
    >> modified the message after some examples in your git log. Hope it's ok
    >> now.

    Alan> In the Magit diff view that is displayed when comitting you should be
    Alan> able to just hit ‘C’ with point in the code you want to add to the
    Alan> commit message.

That doesnʼt auto-snarf the function names the way C-x 4 A or C-c C-w
do in vc.

Robert