Subject: 27.0.50; too small *Completions* window with temp-buffer-resize-mode

From: Sven Joachim <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2019 09:28:44 +0200

Start "emacs -Q", type "M-x temp-buffer-resize-mode" to activate that
mode.  Now completions of file names, functions etc. show a
*Completions* window that is only 3 lines high and thus unusable.

In GNU Emacs 27.0.50 (build 6, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.32)
 of 2019-10-14 built on turtle
Repository revision: 01ea96b5548a80e6aabc69428439113ce0a8c17e
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12004000
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux bullseye/sid

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Temp-Buffer-Resize mode enabled
Making completion list... [2 times]
Type C-x 1 to delete the help window, C-M-v to scroll help.

Configured using:
 'configure --build x86_64-linux-gnu --host x86_64-linux-gnu
 --prefix=/usr --sharedstatedir=/var/lib --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/var --infodir=/usr/share/info/emacs-snapshot
 --mandir=/usr/share/man --with-mailutils
 --enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs-snapshot:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/27.0.50/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --without-wide-int --disable-silent-rules --without-compress-install
 --with-x=yes --with-x-toolkit=gtk2 --without-gconf --without-gsettings
 build_alias=x86_64-linux-gnu host_alias=x86_64-linux-gnu'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND GPM DBUS GLIB NOTIFY INOTIFY ACL
LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE HARFBUZZ M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK2 X11 XDBE XIM THREADS LIBSYSTEMD JSON PDUMPER
LCMS2 GMP

Important settings:
  value of $LC_COLLATE: C
  value of $LANG: de_DE.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  temp-buffer-resize-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny dired dired-loaddefs
format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg epg-config
gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs text-property-search time-date subr-x seq
byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils cl-extra delsel
thingatpt help-fns radix-tree help-mode easymenu cl-loaddefs cl-lib
cus-start cus-load tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar
dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind
inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk
x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 60022 9425)
 (symbols 48 7124 1)
 (strings 32 19784 1947)
 (string-bytes 1 562979)
 (vectors 16 10476)
 (vector-slots 8 133759 11156)
 (floats 8 36 43)
 (intervals 56 531 6)
 (buffers 1000 13))